This is the Number One Golden Paste (GP) recipe that has been tried and tested by thousands of TUG users across the globe.
This recipe may be used for humans as well as animals.
- 1/2 cup (125 mls/60gms) turmeric powder
- 1 cup water (250 mls) PLUS 1 cup water in reserve, if needed
- 1/3 cup (70 mls) cold pressed Olive or Coconut oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper (7.5 mls/3gms)
Omit pepper if you cannot tolerate it. The absorption of turmeric will still be improved by cooking the paste AND by the inclusion of oil, BUT remember it will be less effective without the pepper.
Place turmeric and water in pan, stirring over gentle heat until you have a thick paste. This should take about 7-10 minutes and you may need to add additional water along the way.
Add the freshly ground pepper and oil AT THE END of cooking. Stir well (a whisk is ideal) to incorporate the oil and allow to cool.
The Golden Paste will keep for 2 weeks, refrigerated
Freeze a portion if you think you have too much to use within two weeks.
Use for Golden Milk, Smoothies, stir into Yoghurt, add to your dinner plate as a condiment… AND don’t forget your pet’s dinner plate or your horse feed … run wild!
Please PIN Me!
Learn more about Turmeric Benefits HERE > 6 Good Reasons to add Turmeric.
For Dosage guidelines:
- for HUMANS click HERE – Turmeric for Humans – Turmeric Dosage.
- for DOGS click HERE – How to Feed Turmeric for Dogs.
- for HORSES click HERE – How to Feed Turmeric for Horses.
For more info on:
- Side effects click HERE – Turmeric Side Effects.
- Drug Interactions click HERE – Pharmaceuticals and Turmeric.
For more suggestions on How to Include Turmeric into your everyday meals check out our Turmeric Recipes page.
Watch Lily Banhidy’s short Video below on How to make Golden Paste & Golden Paste Blobs (so you can take GP on the go).
If you would prefer the convenience of capsules then we suggest you make your own OR BUY from our recommended suppliers. Click HERE for an article on Golden Paste vs Turmeric Pills.
Images created by TUG Admin, Sanet van Wyk & Illustrator Cathy Dee. Photo by Pia Pollo.
You can also view Pia Pollo’s Video of How to Make Golden Paste HERE on YouTube.